Halloween & Fall traditions!

Fall is my favorite time of the year! I love to do tons of different fall themed activities and traditions! Now that Kanaan is getting a little older too, I am excited to start making some more memories! I thought I would share a little bit of the things we do to make this season fun!


1. Tailgate- We LOVE football, especially OU football. Aaron and I are so thankful to have a family that have season tickets to pass around and an awesome tailgating spot. It is always fun to hang out on a Saturday afternoon getting ready to go to the game! Kanaan has even been to the OU vs Texas game with his headphones on of course!

2. I always decorate with lots of pumpkins! This year the dollar spot at Target had the cutest ceramic pumpkins with gold stems in all these cute colors. I got like 20 of them haha! I also like to put real pumpkins outside and sometimes will do real pumpkins and gourds inside. I am not a huge fan of like scary halloween decorations but as it gets closer to halloween sometimes I will do some spider webs, or trick or treat type decorations!



3. Go to a Pumpkin Patch! Oklahoma has some really fun pumpkin patches with hay rides, mazes, petting zoos, etc. We look on groupon to get some discounted tickets sometimes!


4. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. My old roommate used to make the most heavenly pumpkin chocolate chip cookies on the planet. So of course I have stollen her recipe and have to make them every fall now! I'll put up a post with the recipe soon!

5. And basically pumpkin everything. Pumpkin spice lattes (basic 😊), pumpkin bread, pumpkin scones. I love it all!

6. We always carve pumpkins. Aaron and I have competed against each other a little bit over the years and we also love to roast and eat the seeds after we carve them! I also am going to have Kanaan paint a pumpkin this year since he can't carve quite yet!

7. Over the past several years we have done some sort of family or couples themed costume. I hope to keep this tradition going for as long as I can convince Kanaan what to be! We try to trick-or-treat to our families houses or go to a church or school event! Last year Kanaan was a dinosaur and we were the scientists from Jurassic Park!


8. I love to make themed food for parties. Like mummy pigs-in-a-blanket, spider web 7 layer dip, etc. I always look on pinterest just to find cute ideas. Sometimes we have a party with friends and sometimes I will make this for just us!

Anyways, those are a few of the traditions we have! What do you guys do to celebrate the fall?!


Comments

Popular Posts