My New Year's Resolutions!


I know, I know. New Year's Resolutions. Buuut hold with me for a second. I used to think that Resolutions were lame and didn't know why people only pick one time out of the year to set goals. But now I realized that those people that do something for a half a year, a month, or even a day are better for it than those that did nothing at all.

Aaron and I always set goals, or make resolutions, with each other for our family. We usually do some financial goals, some relational, some spiritual etc. We also pray and ask God to give us a word for the year and a verse to go with it. but for the past few years I haven't really made any personal resolutions. Some for just myself. So here they are!

1. Complain less. I know goals are supposed to be measurable, but I just keep feeling like this is something I have gotten into a really BAD habit of. "do everything without grumbling and complaining." I have so so much to be thankful for that I really have no reason to complain so much. Sometimes it's over dumb things like how cold I am or that Kanaan woke up 15 minutes early from his nap. Like hello I have an awesome home and a healthy son! So I am going to focus on being thankful, and I have a reminder in my phone to help keep me accountable!

2. Hydrate! I used to be SOOO good at drinking water while I was teaching, but since staying home I haven't been as good about it! This needs to change! I generally do not drink pop or anything like that, I just don't drink enough water. I am setting a goal to drink 2-3 cups of water each morning before my coffee, and I got a cute new water bottle to have on hand to keep myself motivated and ready to drink that water! I know this is an easy habit to create, it's just about starting it!

3. Read more! I read probably 1,342 kids books each day lol. Just kidding! I do love that Kanaan likes books, but I need to fill my mind with things other than social media and TV. I have a list of about 5 books that I want to read, and I am sure this list will grow. But I also know that I need to spend more of my quiet time in the morning in God's word. Often I end up making my quiet time about me - journaling and focusing on my needs, instead of wanting to get to know Him better.

4. Meal Plan/Prep- I have never been good about this, and it is often my weightloss pitfall. Fail to plan, plan to fail. I need to do a better job of picking out healthy meals, grocery shopping for those meals, and prepping my food ahead of time! This will definitely save us money, because we won't eat out as much, but it will also allow me to make good choices ahead of time, instead of hungry choices lol! I do need some tips on this though, soooo if you have some share away!

5. Grow my business! I absolutely LOVE that I get to help families with their wellness and abundance through my Young Living essential oil business! I know that this is literally the perfect business for me and am so thankful that it allows me to stay home! Aaron and I have some big financial goals that Young Living can help us achieve, and I personally want to really begin mentoring more of my team members to grow their business too! I want to do better about setting working hours and sticking to those, both for productivity, but also for my relationship with my husband :) I am so excited to watch our team grow!

Okay, well those are pretty much my top five for this year! I am so excited to see what God is going to do in 2018!

Comments

Popular Posts