Cloth Diapering Part 2!

Hey everyone! I am sitting at home in my 7th grade tie-dye pajama pants in bed as I write this. It is pouring outside, Kanaan is napping, I'm drinking my coffee... it is just glorious!


Anyways, today I am going to share my favorite cloth diapers and cloth diapering products! 🤗
If you didn't get to read my Part 1 post about the how and why of cloth diapering, you can read it here!
I am going to start off talking about my favorite diapers! There are so many different kinds of cloth diapers - pockets, all in one, ones that grow, prefolds, etc. I love all in one diapers because I think they are the easiest and take the least amount of time. I also love ones that are one size with snap adjustments. My favorite diaper is the Bumgenius freetime. They have the cutest colors, they fit really well, they hold a lot, and are not too bulky! Kanaan is wearing a freetime in all the pictures from my previous post! This diaper is said to fit 8-35 lbs. Depending on your baby it might be kind of big for an 8 lb baby. I switched into these from newborn ones at about 2-3 months.

I also have a few pocket diapers, I just get annoyed with stuffing the absorbent pads into the diaper. But I have a bumgenius original pocket and I have the rumparooz pocket diapers. The reason a lot of people like the pockets are because you can customize the absorbency and stuff a bunch of liners into the diaper. I just don't like them as much as my others.

Okay the diaper we use for night time is also an all in one, but it is called a Grovia O.N.E. This diaper is HUGE! It is so puffy and absorbent that we love it for night time. Some people complain that night time is the hardest cloth diapers to find. I would suggest trying these, or trying for a pocket that you can really stuff. Different diapers fit kids differently just like disposables you will like some better than others!

Almost, if not all of those diapers also come with a velcro strap option if you don't like the snaps. I was worried about the durability of the velcro because I knew I would be using the washing machine and dryer, which is why I choose snaps.

Okay another thing is to have some smaller size diapers for when they are newborns. I really have a few diapers that I did not like because they always leaked and those were little Joey's but they might be good for someone else. We used bottombumpers that are velcro all in one's. They do recommend velcro for newborns so that you can really get them tight enough. To be honest, I got these used because I didn't want to spend a ton on diapers that they would only wear for a little while. I might re-think that the next time around, but these got the job done.

Okay so now onto some diapering accessories! I have always used cloth wipes because why not when you are already washing the diapers. You can just get them wet or make/buy a little spray. Someone gave me ALL of my cloth wipes and I was so so thankful for that. Here is an example of a spray or you can make your own with essential oils.
The next most important thing you need is a wet bag for home and one for on the go. The one we have at home is more of a cloth pail liner that goes in our trash bag, but you can also get one that zips and hangs like this. We have a wet bag that matches our diaper bag from skip hop.

The last few accessories aren't required, but can just make things a little easier. One is a sprayer that attaches to your toilet like this one. Another is a little grabber for snagging pockets out of pocket diapers, like this. The last are these little liners that you can use if your baby has messy poopy diapers as they get older. Thankfully we have never needed some!

Comments

Popular Posts