Attitude Adjustment



Lately, I've been thinking a lot about how fun I used to be 😂. I'm serious though. I was thinking why am I so irritable and easily frustrated and worked up so much. I don't like this me. Aaron always gives me a hard time because he says if Kanaan doesn't go down for his nap at the normal time that I act like the entire day is rouined lol. Which is kind of true. I mean do any other moms do this? I know I just need to relax. RELAX. I think that's hard for us women to do. We think that in order to relax we have to be getting a massage or at a beach somewhere. But I've been feeling this tugging lately that I can relax even in the midst of toddler mayhem. I can have peace. I don't want to get caught in the few things that Kanaan does wrong because he seriously is the easiest most amazing baby. I want to have a joy that he sees when he looks at me. I want to celebrate all the time I get with him!

Ive been praying for God to show me what it is that is causing me to have such a lack of joy in my life. Yesterday at church I feel like God spoke to me and answered this question. Our pastor talked about the effects of bitterness on the body - physical effects. Holding onto anger and bitterness can lead to depression, anxiety, arthritis, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, and more (according to Mayo Clinic). I do not want these things apart of my life!

So moving forward my goal is to really focus on letting go of things that have hurt or bothered me in the past and to focus on the positives and blessings in front of me. I know easier said than done. I journal in my devotional every day and I'm going to start that out with thanking God for the things/people/experiences that I have. I'm also going to try to really take a few minutes each day to breathe and meditate. What do you guys do to stay positive and joyful in the everyday?

Comments

Popular Posts