The first year!!

Okay so excuse me as I cry and get super emotional! Here are Kanaan's pictures from the past twelve months!













It truly is a miracle how they grow and learn and develop in just a short amount of time! I am so grateful for this past year and all the lessons I have learned and the growth I have experienced! I decided to make a list of the 5 biggest lessons being a mom has taught me!

1. It is not all about me. Isn't this just the hardest to learn but this one comes right away. Becoming a mom just catapults you into learning how to be selfless. How to make decisions based on the best interest of the family. You do things for your kids without question because they need you and you love them.

2. You learn what true love is. It is truly remarkable and crazy the kind of love a mother has for a child. They can literally never do anything to make you love them less. People say the phrase that having a kid is like having your heart outside your body and while cliche it really is true.

3. Mom guilt is real. All the things that you do that someone suggests that the next person said their pediatrician told them was the worst thing you can do for your baby. Wondering if they are developing on pace. Contemplating if you have not been reading enough to them and that maybe this could case a delay in learning. It all feels so real. And it is also super ridiculous at the same time. I have had to realize that I am a good mom. You are also a good mom and we both know what's best for our kids. The fact that we even doubt if we are doing enough just shows we care and our doing the best job.

4. Give them to God. I pray two particular verses over Kanaan ever night as I am nursing him before he sleeps. The first is Luke 2:52 "and he grew in wisdom and in stature, and in favor with God and man." And the other is Phillipians 4:7 "you're the God of peace that transcends all understanding and will Guard Kanaan's heart and mind in Christ Jesus." I feel such a sense of confidence as parent because I know that whatever I face or whatever Kanaan faces that we serve a God who is bigger. Even through this year between breast feeding, sleep training, learning how to be a family of three God has been so so faithful to answer even my smallest of prayers. Thank you Jesus!

5. Laugh it off. When you just changed clothes and baby spit up all over you again, all you can do is laugh. When hubby steps on the loudest musical toy in the house right as baby goes down for a nap and wakes him up, all you can do is laugh. I'm still working on this, but it really does make things easier. Life is too short for me to get caught up in the smallest inconveniences. I know my family is reading this and laughing because when I say I'm still working on this, well I'm still working on it! Haha

There you have it. 5 lessons learned out of like a billion.

Comments

Popular Posts