Kanaan's first Christmas



Merry Christmas! This year was Kanaan's first Christmas and I was so excited to start some new family traditions and continue on some from Aaron and I's childhood!

One thing that we didn't really do growing up was go see Santa Clause and get a photo. I decided that this was something that I for sure wanted to do! It was so so funny to wait in line and watch each of the kids different reactions from awestruck to totally freaked out! 😂 Luckily Kanaan did really good! He just kept staring at him!


I also wanted to make sure that we sent out Christmas cards and got some good family pictures taken! We literally just stopped on the side of the road out in Edmond, OK and got some great photos from our friend Chris Moranchel. Here are a few of my favorites from the shoot (plus the picture at the top)!





Another tradition Aaron and I already have is that we have a formal tree and a fun tree. Our formal tree is traditional Christmas colors green and red. The fun tree we sometimes also call our "travel tree" because we like to also get ornaments from each place we travel! Its always fun to hunt down Christmas stores or find out of the box things to turn into ornaments! We also put hobbies and now baby stuff on this tree too! We had a friend make this little ornament for Kanaan's first Christmas!


Another tradition I wanted to start was to get a new Christmas book for Kanaan each year to go with some Christmas jammies! I need a cute basket to put the books in each year but this year I just had one so I haven't gotten one yet. I got this book for like $4 at TJ Maxx and it tells the Christmas Story and is a board book! Perfect for little ones! This picture is the from my instastories (follow if you want to! kenzielout)



Both Aaron and I's families live in town so we alternate big holidays year from year. Thanksgiving with his family was this year and Christmas was with mine and then we will flip flop next year! I also have a huge extended family so we go to my grandma's at some point to celebrate with all the cousins! My mom got us all matching PJs too! We usually go to church Christmas Eve and then just spend the rest of the time eating and enjoying family! We also open gifts Christmas Eve and stockings Christmas morning! 




We didn't get much snow this year but I also had to document the snow day that we did have! We have a husky puppy Kodah (Kanaan says Kodah but still no mama by the way!) I also scored this snow suit on a clearance rack at Gap for $7 the spring before!



Well, I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I'm always sad when its over, but I hear that Christmas with a toddler is even more fun! So Im looking forward to next year! 

Comments

Popular Posts