Paris Wedding!

Well, as promised I decided to share about our wedding in Paris! This coming July will be our two year anniversary! Here's a picture!


The first question people ask us when we tell them about our wedding is why? Why did we choose a destination wedding! There was a lot that went into it, but my sister had gotten married about 8 months before and her wedding was beautiful, but it also seemed a little stressful. I just knew that I wanted it to be about our marriage. I wanted it to be intimate. But having the huge family that I do, I knew I couldn't not invite people to a wedding here in Oklahoma. I also just wanted it to be different!

So after a lot of discussion we decided that we would get married in Paris with each of our parents, siblings, and my grandparents. We did have a reception back home about a month after to celebrate with family and friends. We chose the American Church in Paris. They were wonderful! They decorated the pews and front of the church, they provided music, the ceremony layout (but allowed us to make any changes), and directed us to a flower shop. We got the flowers at this shop pictured and just pointed to stuff and they delivered them to the church the morning of the wedding (for only 40 euros!). I made the guys boutineers and brought those over before we left!






We had the ceremony in the morning, took photos after, had a lunch reception with everyone and then went on our way to honeymoon! I did my own hair and makeup because I wanted to and I even helped my sister with hers. Aaron and I didn't see each other before the wedding so I thought I would be nervous but was so surprisingly calm! Our photographer, Claire Morris Photography, was great! She helped us find great spots for photos and got them back to us so fast so we could have them at our reception! Our restaurant for our lunch reception was amazing! I really didn't know what it was going to be like because I had to book through email and they didn't really speak English but we had a private room, got a three course meal for each person, and they brought drinks out for everyone and it was 35 euro a person which would be so much more expensive in the US.











Anyways, I can't wait to go back someday and show our kids ☺ my husband put together a fun video of our time on YouTube so I will link that below! au revoir!


wedding trip video!

Comments

Popular Posts